The Chief Schools Office honored eight principals who epitomize making a difference and effective leadership with a Stellar Leadership Award during the April 27 principals’ meeting.
Each recipient was nominated by his/her respective Associate Superintendent for consistently putting students first, facilitating strategic decision-making, improving student outcomes, and for mentoring colleagues. The state leader key standards were also reviewed during the selection phase and each recipient was found to be a leader in areas of: innovation, instructional leadership, data management, human resource development, collaborative practices, communication, and professionalism.
“It was a pleasure to recognize our principals for their outstanding leadership,” said Dr. Donyall Dickey, Chief Schools Officer. “It’s important for us to take time to recognize our hard working leaders for their contributions and highlight the excellence in our district.”
The following principals received 2016 Stellar Leadership Awards:
- Margul Woolfolk, M. Agnes Jones Elementary School
- Gregory Parks, Usher Collier Elementary School
- Dr. Betsey Bockman, Inman Middle School
- Tommy Usher, Garden Hills Elementary School
- Crystal Jones, Beecher Hills Elementary School
- Cheryl Twyman, Fickett Elementary School
- Stephanie Johnson, M.H. Jackson High School
- Dr. Evelyn Mobley, West End Academy
View a slideshow of the presentation below: