Freddie Falcon, the official mascot of the NFL’s Atlanta Falcons, surprised students at two Atlanta Public Schools for a special pep rally and presentation on Sept. 13.
The first stop: Boyd Elementary School in the Douglass Cluster!
At Boyd, Freddie Falcon recognized fifth grade teacher Jenithia Forte’ as the teacher of the week, as well as six exemplary students at each grade level, who were all awarded with Falcons swag. They are:
- Kindergartner Sage Bolston was recognized for being eager to learn and very willing to help others.
- First grader Ja’Kerra Luckey was recognized for being an outstanding student who follows directions the first time, completes her work on time, and is a joy to have in the classroom.
- Second grader Heidi Clemons was recognized for being a good student who is helpful to her classmates and does her best to be a top student.
- Third grader Zeniya Powell was recognized for being an all-around student who gives her best, sets high goals, and helps her teacher and other students.
- Fourth grader Zoey Green was recognized for exhibiting Boyd BEST behavior, demonstrating high levels of self-control, and setting an example for all students.
- Fifth grader Kendrick Henderson was recognized for being his Boyd BEST! A hard-working and dedicated scholar, Kendrick is a member of Junior Beta and the Boyd Debate Team. His ability to persevere during rigorous activities consistently proves his dedication to learning. He is always willing to support his peers, works well with others, and exemplifies leadership qualities in any setting.
The second stop: M. Agnes Jones in the Washington Cluster!
At M. Agnes Jones, five students in grades first through fifth were nominated by their teachers to receive recognition for modeling the school’s core values (respect, responsibility and safety), demonstrating a commitment to academics and having exemplary attendance. They were:
- First grader Alyssa Barker
- Second grader Prince B. Davis
- Third grader London Guinn
- Fourth grader Craig Collier
- Fifth grader Lyntavius Davis (not pictured because he had an early dismissal)
In addition, all faculty/staff and parents were recognized for embracing STEAM initiative and helping M. Agnes Jones become one of only five elementary schools in the state of Georgia to be STEAM certified.
Falcon Fridays pep rallies will continue throughout the football season. Your school could be next!