When I recently announced that Atlanta Public Schools would be starting its return to face-to-face instruction, I told our parents to be ready to provide more input about their intent to send their children back into our school buildings.
We need that input now! Please review and complete your Intent to Return Declaration Form by Monday, October 12. You may access the form here: https://dig.apsgraphs.com/ITR/
I plan to present Phase II of the Return+Learn reopening plan at the Board meeting on Monday, October 5. At this time, we plan to begin allowing certain students to return for face-to-face instruction on Monday, October 26, which is the start of the second nine weeks of school. We are finalizing the instructional learning model and amount of time for in-person learning.
As part of this phased approach, we have identified students who would be eligible for a likely return to in-person learning first if the community spread of COVID-19 continues to decrease. These students include:
- All students in grades Pre-K through 2nd
- Students in Special Education Low Incidence classrooms, which includes students attending regional, self-contained classes as follows:
- Preschool Special Education
- Autism Functional and Social Communication (all grades)
- Moderate Intellectual Disabilities (all grades)
- Severe/Profound Disabilities (all grades)
- Deaf/Hard of Hearing Self-Contained (all grades)
- GNETS (Georgia Network Educational Therapeutic Services – Oglethorpe Campus)
We ask that all parents complete the form even if their students are not a part of this initial phase to return to in-person learning. If you do not complete this form by October 12, your student(s) will remain in their current instructional learning model (virtual instruction with your local school or Atlanta Virtual Academy). Responses may be changed until the declaration period closes on October 12.